Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wedding Cakes

In Jan 2010, I volunteered to do Wedding cupcakes, chocolate cake and chocolate truffles for my sister’s big day with little experience. It was really a big challenge to me. Most of all, I have to think about how to transport a cake in a 4 hours ride ? Will it melt if it is hot ?

After all the considerations, ideally decision was to bake the cake in advance and complete the final decorations on that day itself. However, the closer you get to the wedding the more things will tend to go wrong. For instance, the consistency of the icing for making roses couldn’t get right and the cake wasn’t turned out as desired. The stress that this caused was immense. After several trials, it was eventually finished.

One the wedding day, I woke up at 5am for final cakes decoration. Luckily, everything was under control and could be able served just in time.



Well, my nice gesture and effort were finally paid off as my parents and relatives were impressed with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails